This recipe was sent over from Sharlene Brewer at PURE Natural Health & Wellness. This was the first recipe I tried since starting my ten-step program to a healthier and happier life.
SWEET POTATO FRITTATA
Frittatas aren’t just for breakfast. Enjoy this tasty recipe any time of the day. Serve with a large salad for a complete dinner meal or take it cold along with some greens for lunch.
- 5 organic eggs
- ¾ cup almond milk
- 1 sweet potato, cooked & chopped or thinly sliced
- ½ medium shallot minced
- ¼ cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp grapeseed oil (if necessary)
- salt & pepper to taste
The options of your frittata fillings are endless. Use veggies that you enjoy and have in you fridge. Be sure to use an oven safe skillet so you can transfer the pan directly from stovetop to oven.
- Mince the shallot & let sit for 5 minutes to enhance it’s health promoting benefits
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Heat 1 tbsp of water in 9 – 10 inch stainless steel, titanium or cast iron skillet. Healthy sauté shallot (using water vs. oil in pan) over medium heat for about 3 minutes, stirring often and sauté until soft
- Add diced sweet potato and season with thyme and salt & pepper
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, add milk and pour evenly on top of mixture in pan. Cook on low for another 2 minutes without stirring
- Place skillet in middle oven, about 7 inches from the heat source so it has time to cook without the top burning. As soon as eggs are firm, it is done, about 5 – 7 minutes
The end product should resemble a crustless quiche and the egg mixture should be firm and cooked through.