Look forward to your morning with this delicious Oatmeal recipe! It is my very own Baked Peach Oatmeal that can be enjoyed at any time. If your mornings are crazy, this recipe is great even if you bake it the night before and reheat it in the morning!
NOTE: ALL of my measurements are approximate. If it doesn’t look right, add more!
- 2 cups of organic old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 cup of maple syrup (use more or less depending on desired sweetness level)
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of orange zest
- 2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 2-3 cups of sliced peaches (the more the better!)
- 1/2 -1 cup of chopped walnut pieces
- 2 cups of carrageenan-free almond milk
- 1 large organic egg
- 3 tablespoons of organic butter
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375
- Use a paper towel with coconut oil on it and cover a medium sized baking pan
- In a large bowl, mix together together oats, baking powder, orange zest, cinnamon, half the walnuts, half the peaches
- In another large bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, butter, vanilla & maple syrup
- Add the oat mixture to the prepared baking dish, add the remaining peaches, walnuts and pour the milk mixture over everything. Gently shake the baking dish to ensure the mixture makes it all the way through
- Add an entire layer of sliced peaches to the top of this dish to make it as beautiful as a peach pie
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the top is nicely golden brown and the almond milk mixture is set
- For an extra tasty top, sprinkle a table spoon or so of organic sugar, coconut sugar or some other non processed sugar (I will just die if someone uses white processed sugar here!) to the top and place back in the oven under the broiler for 30 seconds
- Serve warm with a little bit of that maple syrup we all love!